The Lead Technician is responsible for efficiently installing, servicing and calibrating SoundVision systems exactly as designed and documented, on time and on budget. The Lead Technician is responsible for training and development of Apprentice Technicians.
$60,000 - $110,000/year
- Receive project documentation and gain a clear understanding of all project details.
- Methodically work the SoundVision project process:
- Review project with Project Manager for full understanding of the project scope.
- Review project documentation with an Engineer for a clear understanding of project details.
- Verify scope of work is clear, accurate and reasonable.
- Ask for clarification or training on any punch-list items that are unfamiliar.
- Prioritize, assign punch-list tasks and complete Project Time Estimator form.
- Accurately track time and materials required for punch-list tasks against Project Estimator form.
- Train and mentor Apprentice Technicians on punch-list tasks and the SoundVision Body of Knowledge.
- Document any variances or additional punch-list items required and provide accurate details regarding their scope, materials required, and estimated time required to complete.
- Verify that each project is completed correctly and fully documented at all phases.
- Verify that any changes to project documentation get reviewed and updated by Engineering.
- Document, explain, and receive authorization of all change orders.
- Turn in all paperwork, fully complete and accurate, in a timely manner.
- Fosters an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude.
- Share the responsibility for the Company and department goals.
- Continue to develop a stronger understanding of the SoundVision Body of Knowledge.
Skills, Qualifications, and Knowledge
- Proactive, flexible team player who is comfortable working in a small company environment taking on a leadership role
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Detail oriented and organized, with excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong understanding of the SoundVision Methods and Practices and the SoundVision Body of Knowledge
- Strong understanding of the construction process and the rolls of the various construction professionals.
Objectives and Results
- Learn and maintain knowledge of the project scope and all project installation requirements and details.
- Maintain complete and thorough project job binders.
- Load, deliver and document materials required and used for a project.
- Work daily punch-lists, review punch-list time “estimates” vs. “actuals” for discrepancies, and train Apprentice Technicians on new or unfamiliar punch-list items.
- Prioritize tasks and run projects for maximum efficiency.
- Confirm completion of punch-list items and clearly and accurately updates punch-lists with open items.
- Communicate variances from the original design criteria to Project Manager.
- Treat changes to a project with a sense of urgency.
- Document and communicate changes in design scope and time requirements to the Project Manager.
- Turn in thorough and complete paperwork (punch-lists, changes, materials used) on every project.
- Facilitate Apprentice Technician training and development.
- Maintain a clean, stocked van.
- Maintain all tools and equipment on their van.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of SoundVision Methods and Practices.
- Continue to develop understanding of SoundVision Body of Knowledge.
- Provide feedback to refine the SoundVision process.
- Research and help with evaluations of new products, tools, and methods.
- Participate in company meetings as proactive leader, providing input that forwards company’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the safety and development of crew members as well as being watchdogs for all company operations.
- Seek out training and course work for professional advancement in Leadership, Management, and Industry technology advances.
Seeking ``A`` Players
Our goal is to attract the best people in the industry with the best jobs and work environment in the world. If you feel like you're an ``A`` Player, please apply below and let us know more about you.