The Programmer is responsible for programming individual integrated systems involving media, distributed audio, lighting and shading, network, and security & surveillance. During the design process, the Programmer assists the Designer and Engineer in developing the new systems for customer ease-of-use, functionality, and reliability. Near the end of the SoundVision process, the Programmer is responsible for educating the customer on the functionality of the new systems and how to control them.
$80,000 - $125,000/year
- Develop standard interface and control templates for typical SoundVision systems.
- Program universal remote controls and keypads.
- Program Crestron control systems.
- Program lighting control systems.
- Verify full system functionality and reliability.
- Provide initial client orientations.
- Provide feedback to Design and Engineering.
- Foster an enthusiastic, creative, “can do” attitude.
- Share the responsibility for the Company and department goals.
Skills, Qualifications, and Knowledge
- Proactive, flexible team player who is comfortable working in a small company environment.
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Detail oriented and organized, with excellent time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Full understanding of the SoundVision Body of Knowledge as it pertains to a Programmer.
- Skilled in programming:
- Crestron Control Systems
- Lutron Homeworks Lighting Control Systems
- Control4 Systems
Objectives and Results
- Meet with the Project Manager to review interface requirements and functional specifications prior to programming each project.
- Program universal remote controls for reliable, intuitive operation within allotted time budgets.
- Program IR keypads for reliable, intuitive operation within allotted time budgets.
- Program Crestron control systems for reliable, intuitive operation within allotted time budgets.
- Program Lutron Homeworks lighting control systems for reliable, intuitive operation within allotted time budgets.
- Review functionality of all systems and report issues or variances to the Project Manager within 24 hours.
- Document and communicate changes in design scope or functional requirements to the Project Manager within 24 hours of discovery.
- Provide initial client orientation.
- Review programming time “estimates” vs. “actuals” for discrepancies and reporting variances and causes to the Project Manager within 24 hours.
- Provide feedback to Design and Engineering to aid in refining the SoundVision system templates as new products, methods or systems are developed or conceived.
- Refine the SoundVision process as new methods are developed or conceived.
- Keep up to date with SoundVision methods and standards.
- Responsible for product research and new product/technology evaluations.
- Participate in Company management team as proactive leader and providing input that forwards company’s goals and objectives. This would be evidenced by achieving their department goals, and active participation in meetings that showed forward thinking.
- Responsible for the safety and development of crew members as well as being watchdogs for all company operations.
- The Programmer must seek out training and course work for Industry technology advances.
Seeking ``A`` Players
Our goal is to attract the best people in the industry with the best jobs and work environment in the world. If you feel like you're an ``A`` Player, please apply below and let us know more about you.